For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” means information that specifically identifies a member as an individual and is provided to, or collected by, TLOMA. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title or business contact information in your capacity as an employee of a member-firm or an individual member of TLOMA.
CONFIDENTIALITY - BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION
Your business contact information is available to members of TLOMA as part of the networking opportunity that the association provides. The association will not sell or otherwise make available such information to vendors or other outside parties unless it is within the normal course of our activities, such as providing a list of conference attendees to those vendors that support our annual conference. Members are required to maintain confidentiality with respect to the business or personal contact information for other members.
The Board of Directors will take all reasonable steps to ensure that members of TLOMA comply with this membership requirement, but in no way warrants or guarantee the compliance of individual members.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USES
- Home telephone and email addresses may be collected from Regular Members for internal use only. Such information may be used, for example, to advise you of the cancellation of a breakfast meeting that is cancelled at the end of the previous business day when using your business contact information will not be timely enough for our purposes.
Regular Members who are on maternity leave or during a period of unemployment will be asked to provide home addresses, home telephone numbers and personal email addresses which will be published to the membership where permission is provided.
- Home addresses, home telephone numbers and personal email addresses will be collected from Life Members and will be published in the membership listing for publication to the membership at large, where permission is provided.
- Some members of the Board of Directors of TLOMA will be asked to provide certain types of personal information if they are to have cheque signing privileges on behalf of the association. Currently, our banking institution requires photo identification such as a driver’s licence as well as a second piece of identification for all signatories on the TLOMA bank account. This information will be used for the stated purpose only.
- Providing Personal Information is not required to be granted membership in TLOMA. Regular Members may elect not to provide Personal Information or ask that anything on file be destroyed.
Regular Members who are on maternity leave or during a period of unemployment may provide personal contact information for internal use only. Your permission is required to publish your Personal Information to the membership at large.
- Life Members must provide appropriate contact information in order to maintain membership but may withhold or withdraw their consent to publish their Personal Information to the TLOMA membership, by written notice to us.
- Members of the Board of Directors may choose not to provide the Personal Information required for banking purposes, directly to TLOMA. In such circumstances, such individuals may decline to be a signing officer on the TLOMA bank account(s) or provide the required information directly to the banking institution where the account(s) are held.
- When providing your Personal Information to a third party it will always be to facilitate our ongoing activities and in accordance with our practices with respect to protecting your Personal Information.
TLOMA WEB SITE
TO CONTACT US
Any member wishing to discuss this policy should contact the TLOMA Director of Administration:
TLOMA, Director of Administration
P.O. Box 1029
Toronto, ON M5K 1P2